Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2021-01-19 0:58

Hello Jorge,
The houses seem to be all alone in the middle of nowhere. This view makes me think of the south coast of England, although the style of the buildings is quite different. I like the emptiness and the mild colours of the fields and the lake. I didn't know they had right-hand driving in Siberia. How very strange to have two systems in the same country.
Best regards,
Gert

Old 01-19-2021, 08:03 AM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: driving

gert

in irkutsk there are some cars with the steering wheel as in moscow. I guess the first cars in siberia came from UK or japan and probably this is the reason. maybe in places near ural mountains they use the cars as in moscow.. curiously in mozambique they use the same, despite in portugal it is opposite, probably because south africa had a stronger economic presence in the area.

take care

jorge
Old 01-22-2021, 05:54 AM
TE Expert

Talking

Hello Gert (and Jorge). I observed in many places that they didn't change the Japan cars, but I do not remember where. But it doesn't mean that the system is different. The traffic is on the right side, only the driver sits on the wrong side.
Best regrads MAlgo