Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great marietom 2008-12-20 7:52

salut Marine,

Sympa, ce taxi flou (mieux qu'un taxi fou !).
J'aime bien le mur et ses coeurs ą droite.
Bises
Marie

Old 12-15-2008, 11:59 AM
TE Expert

Default To bukitgolfb301: then and now

Hello Takero,

Just saw your comment in, 'domo arigato' again. I lived in the deep south of Vietnam (Can Tho) from 1999 to 2001 and during those years I got plenty of opportunity to travel around in the country. I heard lots has changed in the meantime, and probably not only for the good. When I trevelled in the north, I sometimes prayed that this would never change. Of course, that's naļeve. But I was really touched by it.

I did go back to Vietnam this year in August, but I didn't travel around, just stayed in Can Tho to visit my friends there. And, the city had changed enormously too, but the people (and the food) were till the same.

We also spent a week at Mui Ne beach, which had changed A LOT.

Benny
Old 12-16-2008, 06:58 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To bukitgolfb301: then and now

Thanks for your Reply, Benny.

I see you live in Vietnam, that is why you could get photo very close to their life, that is quite reasonable. This spring I visited Can Tho specially for the water market, I wa very much impressed with vigor there. But after that I forward to Sapa area. That was third time to visit north area. The second time was in 2001. I was surprised very much the dramatic change for this 7 years and frankly disappointed. They are completely spoiled by a lot of tourist----.

However this is phenomenon to be avoided in the process of economy growth, I think, maybe no other way---

Anyway best regards and best regards

Takero
Old 12-21-2008, 10:29 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To bukitgolfb301: then and now

On my return to Vietnam this year we did not travel around much, mainly because we didn't want to be confronted with the tourist industry. I agree with you that it has many negative effects.

When I visited the north all those years ago, I had mixed feelings about it: it is wonderful to discover an 'unspoilt' area, but off-track tourism sometimes only leads to the area becoming more touristy later. That is not an easy message/feeling.

On our return this year we spent most of our time in the Mekong Delta. I lived there for two years, but I still have the feeling there is a lot to discover and the people are (economically) strong to deal with it.

Benny