Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Keitht 2022-04-19 1:12

I live in that strange and mysterious land you refer to. The UK has never had ID cards, apart from during the war years, and people from all over the world have always needed passports to enter the UK, just as UK citizens always required to enter EU countries. In that respect nothing has changed, so your claim that this has only been the case since the UK took control back from Brussels is total nonsense.
You ask what is the UK's intention - basically to have total control of what and who enters these shores and to be able to trade with whoever we wish without being shackled by the snails pace actions of the EU. Had we been in the EU when Covid hit we would have had to wait many months for vaccine rollout. That's just one example of the benefits. Are there negatives, of course there are but people voted and the decision was made.

Old 04-20-2022, 06:32 PM
TE Expert

Default To Keitht: ...

1) The fact that the UK never had a national identity card should not be a reason to refuse this card from visitors of other nationalities.
There are more countries that do not have a national identity card, but do accept the one of EU citizens to visit their country, eg. Iceland.

2) I'm sorry, but it seems you don't know about the past.
For the date of passport obligation, see:
https://www.visitbritain.com/gb/en/p...s-entering-uk#
Otherwise I would have been illegally in the UK several times in the past, or at least without the required documents.
And even if I do have comments, I do stick to the guidelines.

3) Good luck with your new opportunity for a better total control and with everything in your life.
We are really not hateful about Brexit.