Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 10:14 AM

Do as Viviane has suggested, or send me a private email via the 'Contact' link on my intro page, Malgo. But Report Problem is the way to go.

You must remember that photos of family/friends which have been missed by the moderators or other members may have to stay in the gallery, as we usually do not remove photos that have been in the gallery for more than a couple of weeks. However, if a member has a habit of uploading such photos and has done so repeatedly, we may take some form of action, but only if it can be established beyond doubt that there are relatives or friends in the photos.
In the case of stolen photos, they would be removed if it can be proved, as copyright issues may be involved.

If I may say so, I think the perception that some members have of inconsistency by the moderators is mainly caused by two things:
1. Members not knowing or understanding the Terms of Service, such as thinking HDR photos are banned.
2. Moderators missing photos which break the rules and not discovering this until the photo has been in the gallery too long to be removed

It's just totally wrong to accuse the moderators of picking on certain members.

Edit an hour later:
Since no one has added to this discussion and since Malgo has the information she needs, it's time to close the thread.

Last edited by macondo; 11-05-2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: To close the thread.
Closed Thread