Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great d0ul0s 2011-08-07 8:10

Hi Hakki!

I love the vivid color of this great close up shot. It's a great capture!

... and I think this looks like a pufferfish to me...

Cheers
Sebastian

Old 08-05-2011, 05:19 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To kiks: Post Processing

Dear Kik

I have not always been able to produce the shots that I post on here; some of my earlier work is decidedly bland. But you have to experiment and persevere with photography and hopefully you eventually find a style and technique that works for you.

Digital photography is great because you can take so many different shots and then see what works or needs tweaking etc. I always shoot in RAW.

In my digital darkroom I create and experiment with various under and overexposed images in Photoshop and then set about using all the tools as well as blending and overlaying the copies to see whether I can give shots more impact. The finished result is normally about half a dozen versions that I then set up side by side to see which I think works the best.

I never discard a shot or post processed image as I sometimes come back to them and realise I can change things, plus I am learning all the time so a new technique may work with an old shot.

The trick is to remember what you have done, once it is successful so that you can create the effect you want again. I try and write down what I have done so that I can re-create it again if necessary. Plus I have a useless memory.

I believe post processing software are wonderful tools to help the photographer and should be used if a shot warrants it.

I hope this is useful, I do spend a lot of time on my PC playing with shots and do carefully plan my photographic trips so that I can get the most out of my camera equipment.

I have looked at your gallery and you already have a great eye for colour and composition, so just keep doing what you are doing, I think you are already a really good and talented photographer, just read the comments that people are posting, they love your work and so do I.

Thank you so much for your interest, I always appreciate all you comments and input.

Brian
Old 08-07-2011, 10:04 PM
TE Expert

Default PP

Thank so very much for your time and explenation. It is realy usefull. I will follow your advise and try to spend more time to discover what is possible with PP. At this moment i much say i do spend little time on PP. I enjoy much more going outside

But i'm sure your right that trying and making notes is de way to find my own style. And ofcourse shooting in RAW to be able to do more at PP.

Winter is coming so i would have more time to try new thingd at the computer!

Kind regards
KIks