Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Darren 2004-03-14 13:24

OK, first of all, I am sure I am not the only one to think of this, but, "It's Hagrid!"

About the photo itself. Because of the very look of the man, the off balancelook of the photo is a strong plus in this case. The tri-X seems to have been a very wise choice here too. Color would not seem so appropriate. I see that this shot was taken only last month, but it appears as though your negative has seen better days. Again, because of the character of the man, the scratches only add to the feel of the shot I think. Perhaps they are intentional? I am planning a trip to Norway next summer(a long ways off to be sure) and hopefuly I will be able to drop in on Bor, her really does look amazing.

Old 03-14-2004, 09:13 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Darren: The scratches...

are not intentional, but more accidental. I develope myself so I have to check my routines. It might be something about it being the last frame on the film...
As you say it; if it weren't for the character... This photo I took this way, trying to catch some of his personality (and mine at this moment). If you meet him on your trip in Norway you'll have an idea yourself ;)

You should give me a hint when you plan to come, and if everything works out I might be able to join in as a driver and guide :o)

Terje

ps. thanks for your comment
Old 03-15-2004, 06:05 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To Darren: The scratches...

Wow Terje, thanks for your kind offer. I very well may take you up on your hospitality. I have some distant family in Norway as well as a good friend there as well (coincidentally, his name is also Terje). I will certainly let you know,even though things are 15 months away. Thanks again.

If I come, I certainly want to meet (and photograph) Mr. Borson. To say he looks fascinating is one of the most understated things I could imagine. Take care.