To AandK: Basically a poor quality photo - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great AandK 2005-12-05 20:21

Hey Randy,
could you maybe give us all a nightshot of either the main house or the dollhouse with a long exposure? I expect it to look great at night especially with that floodlight! The daylight in the picture is a bit too dark or too grey in my opinion. Maybe its due to the trees around the house or there is simply no sun shining but I think a night shot with like 2 sec. exposure would be nice.
Andreas

Old 12-06-2005, 02:51 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To AandK: Basically a poor quality photo

Andreas,

I agree with your observation. Actually, I think this photo needs a lot of help. I may try to work on it and repost.
As far as night shots. I already took some and the highlights were "blown out." Here I have high-tech camera and I can't even use it properly- shame on me! That's something else I need to work on. All I need is a "round tuit." If you understand that, I'll REALLY be impressed! (Otherwise, I explain it to you- let me know.)
Again, thanks for your comment.
Randy
Old 12-06-2005, 03:06 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Mmh... let me see?!

I think that a "round tuit" means that you have to find some time to work on these problems but you're too lazy. You need a round "to it". Probably thats completely wrong but the quiz was fun though and due to the fact that it is 2o'clock am right now I don't expect too much of my answer:)
Concerning the quality: It is not that bad. Its just a matter of lighting in my opinion that makes everything look a bit dark and like Troisdorf(Just kidding).
I don't know about your Photoshop skills but I you just captured the dollhouse the way you saw it so why change it?
Looking forward to some more pictures and the answer to the little "Jeopardy quiz"...
Andreas
Old 12-06-2005, 03:02 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Round Tuit

Andreas,
If I ever can't find something in the dictionary, at least I now know who to ask. Is your German as good as your English? How about French?
How long have you have you been a Jeopardy fan?
Randy
BTW: The posted photo was AFTER I improved it with Photoshop. Two things: I removed some background objects- poorly done, that probably accounts for some of the "Troisdorf look". And, I forgot to finish the sharpening/contrast before posting. That's what happens when you futz around while watching TV. (Futz, from the German futzen :-))
Old 12-06-2005, 11:58 PM
TE Junior Member

Default French and Jeopardy

Probably my french is as good as your german (whatever futzen means:))!
Jeopardy was my favorite show when it was broadcasted maybe 8 years ago. I think I'll never forget the music- you probably know it aswell.
Concerning your workshop I think that you did a pretty good job! What kind of background objects did you remove? I don't see any traces of that...
Greetings...
Andreas