Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great AthaPan 2006-06-16 5:48

You are a great photographer Joel
and it is still a pity that you stay hard with your
size upload....

Really, if you look under photo.net there are a lot of damn good photos in acceptable size...and they do not regret their upload and this is even a evidence of being sure what they do and they want really to share, not only to "earn points".

Sorry for my hard confrontation again, but every time when I watch your photos of this high level I am always disappointed of your size.

I still know your reasons and that is why I give you 2 points, although I would like to give you -2 :-)

Saludos
Sakis

PS: Please do not feel offended, it is just a great work I would like to enjoy in a bigger size! That is what I wanted to express, nothing personal, ok?

Would you like to watch FIFA world cup on a 4 inch tv???
for sure not!
Anyway, nice work!
Sakis

Old 06-16-2006, 03:27 PM
TE Newbie

Default To AthaPan: I understand you!

Hi, Sakis!

I truly appreciate your comment and I understand completely your point of view.

Nevertheless, I must say that I'm here realy only for the pleasure of sharing, not for points. I don't care about them. They don't make a better or a worse photographer, nor give any prize. For me is more important the feedback, the change of knowledge, critics like yours and being able to see and dream about traveling to other parts of this incredibly beautiful planet.

I would never be offended by what you said. I value your honesty and a value the fact that you enjoy so much photography that you care to see it bigger. In fact, you're like me. But, Iin a recent past, my trust and my good will have been disrespected and from that day on I started to upload my photos in a small size, so they cannot be used commercially without my consent - it's impossible to make an A4 print from them, though they can still be misused.

I would love to invite you to come to Portugal, so I could show you A2 prints of my photos (as you can see, I like them big too!). There's so much detail that cannot fit in 500 pix. And I know you know that. My apologies, truly.

I hope I can still count with your opinion next time, with or without points. I would be my pleasure!

All the best!
Old 06-16-2006, 04:16 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To AthaPan: I understand you!

Hola amigo.

Thanks fot this rich explanation...
You know, if possible I would give you everytime 10000000 points,
because you habe a talent to shoot photos which are always out of the normal,
they are always amazing.

One you can be sure; when I will visit Portugal, I will come and see that bloo** photos in big size :-)

Have a nice day
Sakis