Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great doubay 2007-02-21 17:14

Hi Sayat,
nice shot of this typical greek church.
I´m really astonished, that you visited Aegina. Why did you do this? Did you like it there?
I´m no fan of that island. For me it´s nothing more than a athenian suburb and it reminds me of boring daily excursions of my childehood. There is no comparsion to the Princes Islands in Istanbul.
Regards
Andreas

Old 02-22-2007, 01:10 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To doubay: Just a half day trip

Hi Andreas,
Actually, we visited Greece four times till now and we have been in many beautiful islands as well. That was the first time, in 2003. We had arrived in Athens in the morning and had to wait till the evening to see our friends so, as my wife started insisting on going to some islands rather than a city tour, we went to Pireaus and asked where we can go for a few hours. They suggested Aegina. Once in the island, we rented bicycles and toured for three hours non-stop! We were dead tired. You are right that we didn't see anything spectacular but, as a first experience, it was not bad.
I have grown in Princes Islands, so I am very familiar with all of them. And you know the feeling, once you are very familiar with some place, you somehow see it as normal.
Best regards my friend,
Sayat