Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great pboehringer 2007-04-02 13:14

Pat, I'm not quite sure about CS2. I still didn't download it to my PC and looking into your new theme I'm getting a little bit scared with all these new names and technologies. After almost one year of using Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 I got so used and comfortable with it.
The weather didn't help you a lot. It is very grey, but the compsition with the boats in the front and the houses in front of the mountains as a backdrop looks very nice.
TFS, Peter

Old 04-02-2007, 10:05 PM
TE Expert

Default To pboehringer: I wasn't sure either

however, it was already installed on the computer that I bought. I wanted to try some of the sharpening tools mentioned on TE that I couldn't figure out how to work without CS2. I hated not having the brush selection tool at first. But now I'm really finding the magic wand is way more effective in selection. It may just be that I learned how to use the tool, I'll have to see what happens when I try to use Elements 5 on Larry's computer. I think perhaps the biggest plus will be if I learn how to develop my own actions. After using some of the actions that came with the book, it is amazing!! One click will do multiple steps. I'm thinking of setting up an action that resizes for TE, applies USM separately to light and dark areas, adds the fram and saves at a size of under 200mB.

I don't mean to scare you off. I find that forcing myself to discuss what I'm learning is a very effective leartning tool; a bit like one learns by writing critiques than reading them. When I retired, I resolved to learn new things all the time and to exercise everyday, as both of my parents have Alzheimers. I'm also studying Italian and French online. I do think these things help.

However, you're doing stunning work with your D200; you pictures really look like they need little processing. That is the ideal, I think.
HLJ, Pat