Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good torben 2004-10-07 15:40

As I just wrote a critique of your previous photo in this series I'll just keep on with a few words on this one.
Compared with the previous this one is a weaker composition. Lines, shadows on hull, ripples in water etc. are all fine but the balance between the different parts is not really good.
I would prefer to have either the water or the steel dominating the frame, now it is in between and both elements looses strenght. I think there are several possible crops here, right now there is too much in the frame for my tastes.
Maybe it's the very busy pattern of ripples in the background that are disturbing me.

Old 10-07-2004, 10:48 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To torben: I get your drift.

Hi Torben and thanks for an honest opinion. I guess you guessed why it is the last one in the serie. I did not feel so strongly for it compared to the others. But I have a wild idea about "too much" and cropping. Lets crop the colors instead and let it play on the difference in texture instead. I made a B&W workshop for fun. At the first glance this picture looks to be about colors but the colors here are not in harmony and the blue is not a good clean blue.