Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Polonaise 2007-06-06 16:39

For its incredible composition...
Do you see what I see, Prantik ?
There is several main objects in there, at once - and all of them are separated from each other and tend to play their role just about as importantly as any other one...
The skies are there…The saturation is there…
Mexico eh ?
___________________-

Welcome back, buddy…

Stay cool…Don't give a s*** about us…
g.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:13 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To Polonaise: "several main objects"

> Do you see what I see, Prantik ?
> There is several main objects in there, at once - and all of them are separated from each other and
> tend to play their role just about as importantly as any other one...

You have no idea how happy I feel to read these lines, George. This is exactly the vision of Mexico I have right now in my mind. Stretched space, scattered objects, live or still, formal geometric lines and planes, blissful melancholy, all having strange relationships to each other. "Several main objects" sounds like Oxymoron, right? But that's how I always feel in the streets of Mexico. Since I got back from my first trip to Mexico (in Dec/Jan) I have been trying to figure out what exactly it was about Mexico that fascinated me and why I heard from so many people that my pictures carried a sense of "alienation". I found the answer in the Breton quote "Mexico is naturally surreal" and in Octavio Paz's "labyrinth of solitude" few weeks ago. When I went back to Mexico last week I was heavily influenced by this vision of surrealism and alienation. The vision got even more strongly embossed in my grey matter in this trip. I may have pushed it little too hard this time. Well, we will see.

Thanks macro bro
Prantik
Old 06-07-2007, 01:01 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Polonaise: "several main objects"

Do your best, brother Prantik.
Kick us hard...

g.