Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 06-16-2007, 01:32 PM
TE Expert

Default Yo, Prantink, I tried a WS

You asked a question about COLOR and asturation recently my friend and I thought the best way I could sahre something with you would be with a workshop (id you don't mind). Take a look - I'm very dissatisfiesd with my output recently (bloody postcards many of them...) so I reckon I can be of use on the WS level. Let me know what you feel when you look at it.
-F
Old 06-16-2007, 04:36 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Yo, Prantink, I tried a WS

Amazing, what you could achieve with a few tricks. As you said, you quantum-tunneled all the Oaxacans and their houses and their pick up trcuks to Myanmar. While the original had the melancholic mood of a deserted town where the only thing you could hear is your own heart-beat, the altered image uplifts the mood by bathing the same town in ethereal golden light of the dusk. I love it. Two images, two completely different moods.

Now the mundane techie question. Did you just play with the "colour balance" slide after you adjusted contrast and saturation? or did you do some other magic?

P
Old 06-16-2007, 05:08 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Yo, Prantink, I tried a WS

All colour balance but... remember to play with the various underlying parts of colour balance, namely, shadows, midtones and highlights. our enemies are Mr BLUE and Mr RED, as well as Ms MAGENTA, your buddies are Mr YELLOW and Mr GREEN.
Bottom line there is no "reality" - your original shot is not necessarily what the scene was then, and might may be extically tinged but the FEEL, man, the feel, eh? I dnno, SImon twigged me onto this thing, and a quick glance at his latest work from Burma on his pBase account will reveal all...he's a damn sight better at this game than I am. I am but a crude practitioner. Glad you liked it though...;)
F