Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great graffer 2007-08-10 10:17

Hello John,

Glad to see you back again.

I've been away for a few days too, and I've got a lot to catch up with.

You've certainly brought back some powerful images from your holiday.

I love boats and pictures of them, but don't really like the now ubiquitous dominance of glass fibre over traditional wooden construction.

That aside, you have captured some lovely soft colours and reflections in this picture.

The contrasting diagonals of the mooring ropes dipping into the water, with the forward thrusting safety rail supports on the boats make for a good composition.

Regards,

Peter.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:37 PM
TE Expert

Default To graffer: Thank you, Peter!

Thank you for taking the time to look and also for your kind remarks.

Not really a boating person myself, though I'm about to go out tonight to a retiral dinner for a colleague of mine who is. I think I prefer "Terra Firma" - the more firmer, the less terror! I agree that one might bemoan the dominance of glassfibre but I suppose it must allow those boating people to spend more time sailing and less time scrubbing, cleaning, defouling, painting and so on.

I think I managed a shot or two of a wooden sailing boat so I'll try to dig one out for you! I put a couple of pictures on TL too, by the way.

Best Wishes,

John.