Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good Luko 2004-02-08 5:53

This is a distance I like more than your full frame portraits. Nice colors and patterns, however I think you didn't make it through the chaos, this was not the time for clicking IMHO, you either have backs or looks that go the wrong way...
I think you hit the limit of digital P&S shutter here...this is when SLR or argentic rangefinder is needed.

Old 02-08-2004, 02:09 PM

Default To Luko: chaos, dSLR

"I think you didn't make it through the chaos, this was not the time for clicking IMHO, you either have back or looks that go the wrong way..."

yes, I know there is a bit of chaos there, some random looks and backs.... but still I think I was quite close to get a good and clear scene here... maybe there is just too many people or maybe I am not patient enough.. I have a lot to learn ;-)
and what do you mean by "hit the limit of digital P&S shutter here" ? I had a lot of troubles with my digicam in Vietnam, because of the shutter lag I missed so many shots, and low light focusing.. terrible, so slow and not accurate... I am thinking about getting a digital SLR, but I am affraid I am not "strong" enough to take pictures of people pointing my camera at them... I think I really need a LCD screen, I take a lot of pictures from the waist level, plenty of candids... but maybe one day...
Old 02-08-2004, 02:15 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Luko: chaos, dSLR

"I had a lot of troubles with my digicam in Vietnam, because of the shutter lag I missed so many shots, and low light focusing.. terrible, so slow and not accurate... "
You understood what I meant.
Photo is more about time than formal compo : this is why I think your shot was not clicked at the "decisive moment".
(and this is also why I think documentary and human photo is above landscapes, architecture or stills : time has very little change on the latters)