Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jcpix 2013-04-02 10:23

Hi Andrew,

You were doing so very well, why did you have to spoil it with a note about yesterday's opener? :) I'm a lifelong, bleed pinstripes Yankee fan...so my perspective is going to be a bit different! ha I love baseball and have been waiting impatiently for the season to start, so this is a very welcome photo. A great one too, the vast expanse of the outfield with the solitary player kneeling, as if awaiting for the "Play Ball!" is a wonderful effect and moment captured. Very colorful as well with the advertisements along the wall, spanning the entire frame. Great composition and a fitting way to kick off the year. Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry I can't wish your team the best of luck...in fact, last years results would make for a nice carbon copy this season! Have a great day.

All the best,

Jason

Old 04-02-2013, 09:06 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To jcpix: Yanks

I wish you hadn't told me that, Jason - a very unfortunate development! Luckily we're on a site mostly populated by Europeans, so there won't be that much opportunity for trash talk... of course, too many more like yesterday and I won't be able to resist.

Nevertheless, this year, I think we're both more likely to be cursing the likes of Tampa and Toronto than each other.

Thanks for the comment, and Go Sox!

Andrew
Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 PM
TE Expert

Default Yankees forever!

Yes, I was disappointed to read of your loyalties to the Red Sox! I was thinking the same thing, there probably won't be much room for trash talk here...we're but a small contingent of baseball fans and the minority of American's. In all honestly, that's one of the reasons I like TE so much, I really enjoy the diffrent cultural aspects and points of view.

I have to admit, and although I'll never waiver in my support, I'm afraid this season is not going to be very kind to the Yanks!? As long as they end up ahead of the Sox though, I'll rest easy.

Let the gamesmanship begin!

Have a great one.

Jason

Last edited by jcpix; 04-02-2013 at 09:48 PM.