Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2014-05-05 0:29

Hi Jason,

This is indubitably the most glorious, comprehensive and enlightening description of a place which I have ever read on TE! And, well, it don't look too bad at all in your picture either.

Seriously, this is a delightful scene, very nicely and pleasingly composed with the distant slightly out of focus backdrop of the sunlit buildings of Monte Carlo making a fine setting for your portrait of this happy young photographer. She looks as though she would be a girl with lots of fun and her red and white striped top certainly makes her stand out well in the foreground of this photograph.

Yes, Jason, people in pictures really can "lift" an image wonderfully well. Interestingly, there are some members here - and I'm thinking particularly of Gert (holmertz) - who rarely ever post pictures without people in them and he will rarely make comments on bland photographs which don't include some human interest.

Super!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. Do you think that this young lady has some nice photos of a grumpy old man with a camera?

Old 05-06-2014, 01:22 AM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: A Winner

Hi John,

Oh, I wish we could give points for notes...this would definitely have earned my vote, if for nothing else, the use of the word "indubitably," I love it!

Ahh, that made me smile...I don't know why, but that word always garners an amusing reaction. Much appreciation for the kind words, a pleasure to hear from you every time.

Funny you mention Gert...myself and Craig have exchanged our thoughts and ideas about including people in pictures, specifically through Gerts influence...and have both come to a new found realization that it's most often a lot more interesting to have that human element. I still enjoy pretty much everything though, but I can clearly see the added attraction and interest.

To answer your question, I don't know if that young gal snapped a picture of me or not...but I was having too much fun of my own to be grumpy. haha

Thanks again John. Have a good one.

J