Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2021-01-31 6:58

Hello Paul,

An excellent series giving people (like me) who have never been to the country, a very realistic impression of the terrain, the vegetation and (from your notes) the people.

I love your narrative of the climb and of your regrets about leaving this trip until 2019. But ... I wonder if you would have had the time or the same inclinations, had you visited this place as a youngster. Your determination could easily have been the speed at which you ascended and descended the mountain, rather than looking around, absorbing the beauties of the scenery and the delights of learning about a different way of life.

Your photographs are a very well documented record of your amazing journey. The only regrets are that it was cut short. Maybe later in the year, this pandemic will be under control and you will be able to return.

My warm regards,
Bev 😊

Old 01-31-2021, 03:01 PM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: The pandemic

Thank you Beverley,

In recent days in Belgium we only hear about a lot of problems with vaccines.
How should I then imagine the vaccination of billions of people in third world countries where money and opportunities are also lacking, which is not exactly the case in Europe?

Moreover, many vaccines are not 100% effective (sometimes even only 70 %) and it is still insufficiently known whether someone who has been vaccinated and therefore does not contract an infection will not pass on the virus to others.
Travelling to another and certainly a poorer country also means taking a responsible attitude towards its residents.

Also much remains to be researched about the different variants of the virus that have emerged in the world.

The desire to travel certainly still exists.
But many difficulties remain to be resolved.
The pandemic worldwide under control is currently a wish and a beautiful dream.

However, I fear this will take some time. Let's hope I'm mistaken.

Best regards,
Paul
Old 01-31-2021, 03:12 PM
TE Expert

Default Pandemic 😢

Hi Paul, yes, the thought of travel in the near future could be a pipe dream!

The firm that Mariusz works for has produced a new vaccine which seems even more effective than previous examples.

The logistics of producing enough vaccine and distributing it worldwide are mind blowing!

Keep safe,
Bev 😊
Old 01-31-2021, 04:40 PM
TE Expert

Default The vaccines

Hi Beverley,

I don't know how it is regulated in the UK.
Belgium has so far purchased three different vaccines.
However, we cannot choose which vaccine to receive.

Best regards,
Paul