Photographer's Note

Kolbuszowa as a village settlement is mentioned for the first time in 1500, and the parish of Kolbuszowa in 1510. The parish was probably founded by the Tarnowscy family. In 1750-60, Prince Janusz Sanguszko built the third, in turn, existing to this day oriented, three-nave Baroque church of wood, which in the following years was replaced with bricks. It was consecrated by the suffragan of Przemyśl bishop Ignacy Krzyżanowski in 1776.

Until the mid-nineteenth century, the famous altar of the Blessed Virgin Mary conceived in the main altar of the church. In 1852, during a fire in the city, it was burnt down along with the famous painting and then rebuilt. In 1929-1935, thanks to the efforts of the priest, Father Antoni Dunajecki, it was thoroughly rebuilt and enlarged, according to the design of architect Bronisław Wiktor, by the builder Bolesław Osiniak. The church was consecrated in 1933.

In the years 1973–74 thanks to the efforts of the priest, Dr Ludwik Curyła the presbytery was rebuilt according to the design of engineer W. Pieńkowski. The figural and ornamental interior polychrome was made in 1974-75 according to the design of Ł. Karwowski. Four late Baroque side altars with Rococo elements from the 18th century remain in the church.

On February 25, 2007, Bishop of Rzeszów, Kazimierz Górny, gave the parish church the title of a collegiate church, and by a decree of the same day he appointed the Collegiate Chapter House in Kolbuszowa.

pajaran, Fis2 oznaczył to zdjęcie jeko użyteczne

Photo Information
Viewed: 0
Points: 16
  • None
Additional Photos by Zbigniew Kalinowski (fotka) Gold Star Critiquer/Silver Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 659 W: 10 N: 1972] (8317)
View More Pictures