Photographer's Note

Probably built during the Filipino period it is placed in the prolongation of the House of the Chapter of the old Franciscano convent. The entrance to the Chapel is made by passing throught a late renascence vestibule tipped by white marble columns having significant diference in the treatment of the surface of the "capitéis" consonant this one is back to the inside or the outside of the chapel: In the first case, the "capitéis" are decorated with vieiras, from the Pectinidae family, while the surfaces directed toward the interior are only badly cut in prismatic form. Divided in three ships covered for vaults of edge all to the same height, it configures the characteristics of a church-hall. The pillars and the walls are totally coated by skeletons, except in an inferior band that as tiling from 1600. The bones whose skulls are about five thousand came from the church and "claustro" of the same convent.

These two skeletons represent father and son. The son used to spank the mother, and the father would do nothing to prevent that from happening. It is said the mother played a curse on both of them which when they died they would spent the rest of their dead days hunged on a public room for everyone to see and laugh of them.

lulululu2003, Isabelle, Kenny10pin, touristdidi oznaczył to zdjęcie jeko użyteczne

Photo Information
Viewed: 2905
Points: 6
  • None
Additional Photos by Bruno Miguel Aguiar (Catcher) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 178 W: 57 N: 133] (845)
View More Pictures