Photographer's Note

This is an other wooden house is located this time in Heybeliada or Chalki Island.
Some info for the Island:
The second largest island in the archipelago. Heybeli was called “Khalkitis” because of its copper mines. “Heybeli” is a Turkish name meaning “having saddle-bag” and the shape of the island is similar to a saddlebag.

It is famous not only for its natural beauty but also for the famus School of Chalki belong to the Orthodox Church, the Naval Academy and sanatorium .Although it was attractive to the minority Rum (Greek origin Orthodox Turkish citizens) congregation due to the navy forces a number of Turkish families have settled there too. Today 7000 people live on the island, but this number increases up to 50000 during summer. A small church dedicated to the Virgin Mary (the last Byzantine structure built before the fall of Byzantium) is in the inner courtyard of the Naval Academy. There are also many unidentified remains on the island.
You can see more picture from Istanbul here.
and others Houses of Princes Islands here.

vasilis oznaczył to zdjęcie jeko użyteczne

Photo Information
Viewed: 5373
Points: 0
  • None
Additional Photos by Yiannis Logiotatidis (logios) Gold Star Critiquer/Silver Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 179 W: 28 N: 398] (1903)
View More Pictures